Unfortunately, too much of modern education has become unmoored from a coherent framework of morality and excellence. Without a firm intellectual and spiritual foundation, many graduates are sent into adulthood without requisite means to flourish.
But here at Holy Spirit Prep, we believe that education isn’t just about teaching students facts and figures – it’s about shaping their characters and their intellects, about pushing them not only to strive for excellence, but to find fulfilling vocations.
Throughout all our coursework, we endeavor to help students know and love truth, goodness, and beauty, the three divine attributes upon which all authentically classical, Catholic education is grounded. We strive to provide a learning environment that advances this noble aspiration so our students are fully prepared to go into the world rooted in faith, joyful in hope, and active in charity.
What is the mission of HSP?
At HSP, we seek to create a unique communion of joy among students, their families, and our faculty and staff, in the context of a pre-eminent pre-K2 through 12th grade Catholic college preparatory school. We want to prepare our students for a lifetime of happiness by inculcating in them three foundational virtues:
- A deep and abiding faith in God’s blessings and love for them.
- The ability to reason rightly through prudence by obtaining a rigorous academic foundation.
- Magnanimity, or greatness of soul, so they may go through life with a spirit of courage, joy, kindness, and generosity.
How we accomplish our mission
Critical to accomplishing this mission is our status as an independent Catholic school, which gives us freedom to infuse our faith in all we do and promote academic excellence. As an independent Catholic school, Holy Spirit Preparatory School has…
- Complete control of its curriculum and teaching – which are founded on the best practices of centuries of Catholic education and implemented with our students’ individual needs in mind.
- The flexibility and autonomy to control our class sizes. By maintaining direct control of hiring and compensation practices, we can attract and retain the best teachers in Catholic education.
- The ability to offer students an experience of the sacraments. Holy Spirit Preparatory School students have the unique privilege of preparing for and receiving their First Communion, First Reconciliation, and Confirmation through their school alongside their classmates and friends. In other Catholic schools, students must receive these sacraments through their parish.
We seek to form our students in the faith and morals of the Catholic Church, recognizing that the love of God and the grace of Jesus Christ are the only foundation for happiness. Our curriculum combines the best of classical pedagogical traditions with STEM-based coursework, fine and performing arts, and a competitive athletic program.
Through these means, we seek to inspire our students to pursue excellence in every endeavor, and provide them with all the tools necessary to lead successful, rewarding lives in a manner consistent with the sublime end for which they have been created: eternal life with God.
Want to get to know HSP better? Check out our About page!