At Holy Spirit Prep, every element of our curriculum is designed to foster the formation of godliness in students’ minds, bodies, and souls. Our annual pilgrimage represents a capstone to the classical Catholic education our students receive, offering seniors an opportunity to travel to the heart of the Church and one of the hearths of Western Civilization. The trip has consistently been a moment of learning, good friendship, and conversion. You can read more about our Spring 2023 trip in my blog post, “Experiencing Rome: How HSP’s Senior Pilgrimage Brings Classical Catholic Education to Life.”
That’s why all of us in the HSP community strive to ensure that each of our seniors can participate – which is where you come in. To help the class of 2024 go on pilgrimage to Rome in May, we invite you to attend our Roma Festival on November 28 (open to HSP families only, due to space limitations)! All proceeds will go directly to supporting the pilgrimage. Learn more below.
Don’t Miss the Roma Festival on November 28, 2023
- When: November 28, 2023, from 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Who: This event is open to HSP Families only.
- Where: HSP’s Upper School Gym
- What: Roma is an Italian-themed event hosted by the senior class that is fun for the whole family! All event proceeds will help fund our 2024 Roma scholarships. Enjoy a delicious Italian dinner, an Italian market experience, a coffee and dessert bar, a senior skit, and festivities for the whole family – including face painting, balloon animals, games, and more!
- Tickets: View ticket information on the registration page.
A Preview of the 2024 HSP Senior Pilgrimage to Italy
On May 15-22, 2024, HSP seniors will be immersed in the vast cultural and Catholic heritage of Italy. The itinerary features six nights in Rome with a day trip to Assisi.
Led by a touring program designed to complement the rich Catholic classical education of Holy Spirit Prep, the pilgrimage will include daily Mass as the cornerstone of each day. Highlights in Rome include the Papal Basilicas, the Catacombs, the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Pantheon, and many other noteworthy churches, basilicas, and holy sites.
- Day 1: Departure
- Day 2: Arrival, Saint Peter’s Square, and the Scavi Tour
- Day 3: The Lateran, the Holy Relics, the Catacombs, and Saint Paul Outside the Walls
- Day 4: Saint Peter’s Basilica, the Vatican Museums, and the Sistine Chapel
- Day 5: Saint Mary Major, Angelus with the Pope, the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Trastevere
- Day 6: Assisi
- Day 7: The Centro Storico and the Counter-Reformation
- Day 8: Return Home
We encourage you to pray with us for the class of 2024, that their 2024 Rome trip will help them grow in their faith. See you at the festival!
Thomas Cole is the Upper School Assistant Principal for Academics and the Dean of Humanities at Holy Spirit Preparatory School.